One of the most frequently asked question for everyone who owns a portable ice maker out there is: “How can I make sure that my ice maker is always in a good condition?”
And I understand the reason for that question as well.
Just like every other home appliances, you need a good understanding of how it works and how to maintain it so it will function properly. Besides, an ice maker has a lot of different parts so you really need to keep an eye on it to make sure everything is working accordingly.
And that’s the reason for this article today.
You don’t want to buy the best portable ice machine out there just to watch it slowly dying right?
So I want to help you learn how you can easily maintain your ice maker without any trouble.
Just sit back, grab a cup of coffee and enjoy.
One of the most important thing that you need to keep in mind is: your ice maker should always be clean. Take your time to clean it regularly before using it. Remember that you have a product manual that comes with the ice maker so read it, it will help you a lot.
Below are some ways that you can do to clean your ice maker:
1. First, you have to unplug it. It’s basically for safety reason.
2. Next, you need to remove the ice tray. Pull it out slowly and carefully then put it somewhere that is clean.
3. Grab a wet soft cloth and start cleaning the inside of your ice maker.
4. After that, you can start cleaning the ice tray with water or using the same cloth that you used to clean the inside. If needed, you should remove and clean the water line as well.
5. Now you’re done with everything inside, you can start working on the outside of the ice maker. Using the cloth to wiping out the dirt on your ice maker.
Now you’re good to go.
I hope that after you’ve chosen the best undercounter ice machine, you now know how to maintain it without any hassle. But if you still haven’t know which one to pick then check out my recommendations below:
Ivation Portable Ice Maker with Easy-Touch Buttons: http://theicemakerlab.com/ivation-portable-ice-maker-easy-touch-buttons-review/
DELLA Portable Electric Ice Maker: http://theicemakerlab.com/della-portable-electric-ice-machine-review/
Avalon Bay Portable Ice Maker AB-ICE26S: http://theicemakerlab.com/avalon-bay-ice-maker-ab-ice26s-review/